1．Our display is Stand 34，where you will find our new range of furniture． 【 】
A．in B．on C．at D．under
2．Today we write to your attention to the fact that the date of delivery is approaching. 【 】
A．pay B．give C．invite D．drive
3．In ，your proposal is more favorable than ABC’s. 【 】
A．contrast B．terms C．comparison D．comparing
4．We look forward to the goods in the fourth quarter． 【 】
A．delivery of B．your deliver
5．We be obliged if you will furnish US with the following information. 【 】
A．should B．will C．could D．would
6．In this case，the buyer cancel the contract． 【 】
A．could B．may have to
C．has the right to D．reserve the right to
7．The goods are urgently needed．We hope you will deliver them immediately． 【 】
A．in the case B．hence C．therefore D．for
8．The market report indicates there is market in South America for about 40 tons a year. 【 】
A．big B．no C．a D．the
9．Competition ______to the technical transformation and restructuring of these industrial production． 【 】
A．contributes B．causes C．helps D．promotes
10．The importer will submit references if these given in the preliminary negotiations． 【 】
A．are not B．have not been
C．has not been D．were not
11．The brochure covers a wide range of products we . 【 】
A．deal with B．deal in C．hand in D．hand over
12．The goods have been dispatched and the shipping documents consignment are with us. 【 】
A．for B．of C．with D．to
13．This chemical is made a special formula． 【 】
A．from B．of C．according to D．in
14．The exporter can only increase his production to the full capacity of the plant． 【 】
A．get B．obtain C．meet D．reach
15．Our market survey informs US that you are achieving great success our chemical products． 【 】
A．on B．to C．at D．with
16．We are glad to receive your order of yesterday， regret that we can not supply the end of May． 【 】
A．but，by B．and，by C．but，for D．and，for
17．We are pleased to note that you wish to expand our relationship， suggest that we consider the matter of agency later． 【 】
A．but B．however C．nevertheless D．and
18．Competition can the enterprises to improve the quality and increase the variety of their products． 【 】
A．promote B．promotion C．prompt D．promptitude
19．Whenever the price，time of shipment，payment terms，etc．are agreed ，a transaction is concluded． 【 】
A．with B．upon C．to D．at
20．The charges will be by Asian Co．and us． 【 】
A．heavy B．borne C．small D．settled
21．Or they may let the customers buy the product credit. 【 】
A．of B．on C．with D．to
22．We are ready to a leasing agreement for 10 photocopiers． 【 】
A．enter into B．signing C．agree to D．engage
23．We wish to offer you the new “Rose” paint we have to the trade. 【 】
A．given B．introduced C．recommended D．reposed
24．Please payment in full three months from today． 【 】
A．make B．1iconse C．remit D．indicate
25．Please remit the to our account with Bank of England，London. 【 】
A．value B．quantity C．bill D．amount
26. these advantages we do not think there is any difficulty in pushing sale． 【 】
A．With B．Together with C．Without D．As
27．Under these conditions，the exporter has to make additional investment to raise the capacity of the for producing export goods． 【 】
A．buyer B．importer C．dealer D．plant
28．We shall your account with the amount drawn against the L／C．【 】
A．debt B．credit C．loan D．make
29. Thanks to the work of our sales department．your last consignment has been all sold out． 【 】
A．acceptable B．reasonable C．outstanding D．tolerable
30. our general agent，you would also have to look after the advertising【 】
A．To be B．As C．Being D．For
31．At our meeting earlier this month．Mr Sharp that he would approve the consignment contract． 【 】
A．indicated B．issued C．analysed D．remitted
32．At your request．We’ll ___ the L／C opened for your account two weeks ago． 【 】
A．adjust B．correct C．establish D．amend
33．If you are interested，we will send you a sample lot charge. 【 】
A．within B．for C．with D．free of
34．The exhibition has to offer that you will find interesting．【 】
A．many B．much C．many a D．more
35．In order to comply with the customer’s specifications，the factory had to make several in the design． 【 】
A．corrections B．mistakes C．adjustments D．defects
36．From now on，the Chinese products enter competition foreign products in the international market． 【 】
A．in．with B．to，along with
37．Mr Brown decided that our estimate was and asked us to begin to work from January 1． 【 】
A．delinquent B．managerial C．unfortunate D．acceptable
38．We confirm that we agree your suggestions made in our last letter．【 】
A．to B．on C．with D．that
39．Because of the confidential nature of the deal，1 was not to announce it． 【 】
A．supposed B．happy C．prevented D．reluctant
40． you have entered your new office building，you probably would like to refurnish it． 【 】
A．NOW that B．So that C．For D．Because
41. Selling appliances and ______ them keep him busy.
A. to repair B. repaired
C. repairing D. repair
42. We are _____exporters of all kinds of Chinese goods.
A. better-establish B. well-established
C. good-establishing D. well-establish
43. The television set that I ordered two months ago arrived today badly ______.
A. breaking B. broke
C. damaging D. damaged
44. The trading company ______ a big loss raised a claim against the exporter.
A. be suffered B. suffered
C. to suffer D. suffering
45. ______ it is wise to invest in the new project is being discussed.
A. Whether B. If
C. Weather D. What
46. Prices continued to rise while wages remained low __________ the government became increasingly unpopular.
A．on condition that B． in order that C．provided that D．with the result that
47. The documents will be sent to you in one lot under separate __________.
A. cover B. covering C. coverage D. covers
48. We are willing to renew the agreement on the same terms __________ in the last one.
A. like B. as C. with D. to
49. We __________ hear the first speaker.
A. could hard B. could hardly C. hardly couldn’t D. couldn’t hardly
50. Our new billing system totals all balances, gives weekly reports, and __________.
A. prints statements B. statements are printed
C. printing statements D. statements printed
51. ______, the more likely you may come to a right solution.
A. You more thoroughly consider a problem
B. Most thoroughly a problem you consider
C. The most thoroughly you consider a problem
D. The more thoroughly you consider a problem
52. Doctors recommend that everyone exercise every day, particularly those who spend many hours ______ sedentary work.
A. to do B. doing
C. do D. done
53. If Mr. Li ______ Managing Director, the company would have been collapsed.
A. would be B. were
C. is D. had been
54. We have till now ______ as many as 30 anti-dumping suits against foreign exporters.
A. aroused B. rose
C. raised D. risen
55. ______ you mentioned in your letter in connection with the question of agency has had our attention.
A. What B. That
C. When D. Which
56. As you will note in our illustrated catalog, our software is superior to any other competing products _____ the market.
A. in B. for C. at D. on
57. 80% of the credit amount must be paid _____ the presentation of documents.
A. against B. by C. at D. when
58. During the year, you have paid your bill well ____ advance of the 20th every month.
A. at B. by C. in D. to
59. From the enclosed copy of invoice you will see that the price of $3,550 is well _____ the maximum figure you stated.
A. in B. within C. between D. at
60. Our distributor required us for credit ____ the extent of 1,000$for a period of three months.
A. by B. to C. of D. for
61. Now, with our stock __________ , the maximum we can supply is 50 tons.
A．diminishes B．diminished C．diminish D．being diminished
62. I am sure that this quality is superior __________ that.
A． from B． to C． than D． for
63. It __________ that we very much appreciate the support you have extended to us in the past.
A．is necessary B．is important C．goes without saying D．goes without doubtful
64. We hope you will __________ our claim.
A．fully settle B. full settle C．be fully settled D．have fully settled
65. __________ heavy commitments, we cannot advance shipment of your order.
A．Because B. For that C. Owing to D. Thanks to
66. We regret ______ you that our research department will no longer provide services.
A. informed B. inform
C. to inform D. informing
67. 1.This kind of cloth is durable, cheap and ___A___.
A. easy to wash B. ease of washing
C. washing easily D. ease to wash
68. In socialist and capitalist economies ______, increasing numbers of highly qualified workers are unable to find jobs that require their skills and training.
A. alike B. like
C. likely D. liking
69. The turnover of the company in the second quarter was ______ that of the corresponding period last year.
A. as much than B. the same as
C. more as D. the same with
70. It is not advisable that one ______ beyond one’s means.
A. lived B. is living
C. lives D. live
71. We will try to find out __________ it is wise to use the central office for meeting.
A. whether B. where C. which D. what
72. After __________, the teller told Mr. Juarez the balance in his account.
A. check B. checked C. being checked D. checking
73. A hundred dollars __________to pay for a computer.
A. are not many B. are not too much C. are not much D. is not too much
74. He __________ to understand the trap in business.
A. experienced enough B. enough experienced
C. is experienced enough D. is enough experienced
75. Persuaded that he wanted the facts, we provided him __________ he needed.
A. with that B. with which C. with what D. for which
76. We wish to know the port ______ the transshipment will be made.
A. where B. at that
C. which D. when
77. The company is making a market investigation in order to obtain ______ as possible.
A. as many information B. as many informations
C. as much information D. much informations
78. ______ generalists, business also needs specialists.
A. Beside B. Besides
C. Except D. Except for
79. The computer will ______ in this department.
A. remain permanently B. remind permanent
C. remind permanently D. remain permanent
80. The engine of your car needs ______.
A. to clean B. clean
C. cleaning D. cleaned
1．We have established here for over twenty years as general exporters．
2．For any informations as to our credit standing，please refer to the Bank of China．
3．We look forward to receive your favourable reply at an early date.
4．We would be confident in that our products will help you expand your market．
5．We are sending you separate a copy of our latest price list for your reference.
6．We a11ow a special discount of 3％ on the order of 500 pieces and much in order to secure your trial order．
7．Relationship between us and purchasers have established for over twenty years．
8．For any informations as to our credit standing，please refer to the Bank of China．
9．We are expecting to receiving your favorable reply as soon as possible.
10. Language is regarded as both an art as well as a skill.
11. The new car made in Japan was arrived yesterday.
12. We shall quote you the price upon the receipt of your early reply．
13．We would be most grateful whether you could provide us with a list of reliable business connections in your area．
14．Some copies of our latest catalogues are being airmailed to you on a separate cover.
15．We will send you a complete range of samples upon the receipt of your reply．
16．Thank you for your letter of June 10,enquiring about our products and to request terms for bulk buying．
17．You a11ow a discount of 3％ if you place an order with us for 300 pieces or more.
18．We offer you firm as follows，subject to your reply reach us by the end of this month.
19．You will highly appreciate if you could provide us with reliable business connections in your area．
20．Where will you be assigned to work has not yet been decided.
21．We shall quote you the price upon the receipt of your detailed requirements．
22. Countries that neglect an education will be restrained in economic development.
23. You can find no one else in the world who works more harder than Michel John.
24. We attach great importance for the traditional virtues in our society.
25．We are obliged to Jones & Co．，for having been recommended us to you.
26．We are enclosed a catalogue which may be of some help to you in selecting items．
27．I wish to express my personnel appreciation for the account which you have just opened with us.
28．Will you please send us a copy of your catalogue that we could pass to prospect customers?
29．Having accepted the price you offer would leave us only a small profit in our sales.
30．We hope you will send us your formal order in return.
31．Our calculation is so close that it is simply impossible for us to make any farther concession.
32．It is understood that this information is not more than a personal opinion．
33．Specialize in the export of Chinese food stuffs, we wish to express our desire to trade with you in this line
34. We are enclosed a catalogue which may be of some help to you in selecting items．
35．The management of the company not only are confident of their objectives, but also competent in achieving their objectives.
36．Will you please send us a copy of your catalogue that we could pass to prospect customers?
37. The home-made machine is superior than the imported one in many aspects.
38. People are becoming increasing aware of the benefits brought about by high-tech.
39. Despite there are quite few managers, only the Managing Director has the decision-making power.
40. It is well know that Chinese table-cloths are exquisitely made and moderately priced.
1．inform us／please／at once／so that／of your telex number／we will／reply to／be able to／your query
2．you／we／100 minicomputers／badly／per S．S．／have shipped／need／MORNING STAR
3．subject to／on receipt of／offer／we／these goods／their being unsold／your order
4．the samples／good time／and／look forward／in／will／we hope／reach you／to／your order
5．1arge orders／are／if／the prices／very competitive／like to／we should／place／with you／you quote／considerable
6．your first／within／the time of shipment／one year／our receipt of／payment／is／after
7．we／to hold all shipments／do not know／a directive／have received／I／although／why
8．my purpose／to improve business／it is／to find out／of the visit／the possible measures／to be taken
9．be accompanied／chemical analysis／our consideration／any such claim／report for／a／must／by
10．do not／after／let us know／please／if you／our shipment／the goods／receive／are dispatched
11．only／who／merit reward／a secretary／this month’s／received／joined our staff／two months ago
12．make a decision／carefully／our／before／consider／you／strained／financial condition
13．of／a travel agency／the／Marketing Manager／specializing in holidays／pleased to／would be／hear of／in airfares／a reduction
14．the negotiating parties／as scheduled／wonder／an agreement／if／can reach／I／on quotas
15．we／consider／unless／placing an order／will not／you can／give us／of 10％／a price reduction
16．to find out／the sales representative／is performing／how well／is eager／the promotion team
17．in your recent letter／the warranty／for repair／refer to／covers／that／only merchandise／you／to our shop／brought
18．are available／in the coming fiscal year／we hope／enough funds／our employee／recreation program／provided／to expand
19．correctly／may be made／if／no／additional／I／the stipulation／from／the revo1ving fund／understand／payments
20．also／the orders／the initial calculations／the clerk／and／receives／sets the prices／who／makes
21. the company / until / had been using / they / typewriters / installed computers
22. celebrating / this year / our fiftieth anniversary / we / will be / later
23. several hours / a report / writing / often requires / of hard work
24. the government is / more taxes / spending more money / many people / are paying / because
25. I spoke / had changed / accepting the job / her mind / before / to her / Jean / about
26. for 110% of / to be covered / against All Risks / insurance is / by the seller / the invoice value
27. that we / concession in price / it has been / any further / cannot make / made clear
28. is omitted / in the communication / if / misunderstanding / an important detail / may occur
29. and to boost / products of / it is important / marketing promotions / high quality / both to maintain
30. by a product / from its manufacturer / any person / is injured / may recover damages / who
31. of/a travel agency/the/Marketing Manager/specializing in holidays/pleased to/would be/hear of/in airfares/a reduction
32. we/consider/unless/placing an order/will not/you can/give us/of 10%/a price reduction
33. coming from/the computers/inferior to/the Far East/those manufactured/are not/in Europe
34. inform us/please/at once/so that/of your telex number/we will/reply to/be able to/your query
35. my purpose/to improve business/it is/to find out/of the visit/the possible measures/about/to be taken
36. when / the employees / as / the days / mere numbers / having no rights / have passed / at all / were regarded
37. generally expect / to have / we / in today’s workplace / good computer skills / all employees
38. how well / are eager to / is performing / find out / the sales representatives / the promotion team
39. his report / will / for / present / the Honorary Treasurer / of the year / the first half
40. and / please / transport arrangements / confirm / give / details of / your attendance
1．Do you know where Mr．Lacey is
2．Congratulations You have won the first prize in the national contest．
3．Bill asked whether I was taking my vacation in July or August?
4．That is the correct form isn’t it?
5．I don’t know the answer to that question
6．I don’t know how to answer that question?
7．The call came at 8Pm．
8．I think the typewriter costs $ 700
9．Lock the door when you leave the office
10．Are you planning to leave before I return．
11．1 heard Mr．Lee close the door but I did not hear him open it．
12．Most thoroughbreds are sold as yearlings it is usually one year before they can race.
13．The up to the minute news is that the stock will be sold.
14．Don’t you think it would be a good idea to call Mrs．Taylor．
15．Don’t forget to cross your ts．
16．You called Mr．Little yesterday，didn’t you．
17．How large will the ad be? one page，a half page? two pages?
18．It was James’father not her mother，who visited her recently．
19．It is a dependable foolproof method.
20．“If you are there，”she said “I wish you would give me my warmest regards to my friend Bobby Patterson．”
21. The ability to communicate is essential, the ability to communicate on the job is critical.
22. I don’t know where Mr. Lucas is?
23. Friday, July 1 and Friday, July 8, are possible dates for conducting the balloting.
24. A five day leave was granted to Mr. Selmer.
25. This work order must be completed by Friday; therefore you may have to work late Thursday.
26. What do you know about the specifications of the cotton shirts.
27. These womens’ skirts are newly designed and quite fashionable.
28. Will you please give us some order as required.
29. Radio Times carries details of all C.N.N. TV and radio programs.
30. Our usual terms of payment are by letter of credit available by sight draft;
31. After three year’s study, his knowledge and ability in office management field has been improved.
32. Write a 100 word memo telling the manager about the arrangement.
33. Someones check was left on the desk.
34. Frank Stanley, III will replace his grandfather, White Frank Stanley, as president of the company.
35. An M.B.A student is required to take at least three compulsive courses.
36. Shall I bring in the letters of recommendation, as well as my resume?
37. Don’t you think it would be a good idea to call Mr. White!
39. Mr. Selmer asked for a three day leave.
40. Radio Times carries details of all C.C. TV and radio programs.
1．You work for a large paper manufacturer as personnel director．One morning，an employee came into your office and asked for information about another employee who wanted to buy a sailboat from him．He wanted to know if the other employee could afford to pay for the sailboat and asked about the man’s income．You told him that the information was confidential and refused to disclose it．This week，you received a memorandum from the same employee making the same request．Write to the man telling him once again that the information is confidential.
2．As a MD of a company，you are scheduled to attend a business conference in London next week．Write a memo in about 50 words to your secretary，asking her to make travel arrangements for you，stating your destination，the length of your story，and the kind of accommodation required．
3. You are Joyce Wood, the president of the company. You’ve just received a letter from G.E. Company praising a clerk, Eric Lee, for his good work. The sales manager of G.E. Company Mr. Smith said Eric Lee is efficient and friendly and he enjoys doing business with Eric. Write a memo to Eric Lee to congratulate him and thank him for working hard, and invite him to lunch next week.
4. You (Eric Zhang, president of the company) received a letter from a British customer complaining of the late delivery of their Order No.388.Then you looked into the matter and found it was the fault of your dispatch department.
Write a short memo to your assistant, Charlie Wang.
·Ask him to visit your dispatch department and urge them to dispatch the order.
·Specify the goods, quality, and the deadline for dispatch.
·Add any relevant information you can think of.